Monday, September 19, 2011

Review: Succubus Revealed


Succubus Revealed
Succubus Revealed by Richelle Mead

My rating: 5 of 5 stars



This is the final book in Richelle Mead's Georgina Kincaid series. Georgina was once human, but sold her soul to Hell a few thousand years ago in return for everyone, including the husband that she'd hurt so badly, forgetting she existed. She'd have to work for hell as a succubus. It wasn't too bad for the first couple thousand years - though there were a few men that she left because she felt too deeply for them. But now, in the 21st Century, she's gotten tired of her job and fallen truly in love with a human writer, Seth Mortensen. But being a succubus means that nothing can be easy - particularly love.

Succubus Revealed starts up the Christmas after Seth saved Georgina from the Oneroi (dream spirits) and broke off his engagement with Georgina's friend in order to try to make things work between he and Georgina. Georgina has given up her much-loved job as manager at a local bookstore and is instead working as an elf for a mall Santa. Things are going as ok as they can for a succubus and a human when Georgina gets paperwork from Hell, transferring her to her dream location of Las Vegas. But things are a little too pat - her dream job, people she loves working with, a human job that she'd love doing. And Georgina, along with her friend Hugh and her roommate, Roman, have to find out just why Hell is getting so involved in her life.

I knew where a lot of this was going, but it didn't matter to me. I'm the kind of person that can read the end of a book and still love getting to that point anyway. I was glad to see Georgina finally get what she deserved and to see Hell get what THEY deserved. If it hadn't been for the machinations, Georgina may never have been curious enough to find out what was going on. They made their bed, and I was glad to see them lie in it.

It was a great end to a fantastic series, and it's one that I really need to get my hands on to own. Because I think I'd enjoy rereading this one quite a bit.



View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment

Joining Me in Reading