Sunday, September 11, 2011

Review: Fallen Son: The Death Of Captain America


Fallen Son: The Death Of Captain America
Fallen Son: The Death Of Captain America by Jeph Loeb

My rating: 5 of 5 stars



A couple weeks ago, I was looking for something quick to read while I was at the library. As usually happens, I went to the graphic novels to pick up something. I'd read quite a few of the DC GNs they'd had there, so I started looking at the Marvel. When I saw this title, I thought, "You know, I remember hearing about Captain America's death, but I don't know many details. I think I'll pick up this one."

Well, Fallen Son isn't the story of Captain America's death, but the way that his friends deal with the aftermath. I really liked the way that this was written, as each chapter was a different step of dealing with grief. It didn't surprise me much that Wolverine was the one that the denial chapter dealt with, or that Iron Man was the one making deals. Everything in the book fit my (admittedly limited) knowledge of the world.

Reading this made me go back and pick up the Civil War graphic novel to see what lead to the death of Cap. It's gotten me into a whole new world of comics that had never really interested me before. And I'm not regretting a minute of it.



View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment

Joining Me in Reading