Monday, September 19, 2011

Review: Gotham Central Vol. 4: The Quick and the Dead


Gotham Central Vol. 4: The Quick and the Dead
Gotham Central Vol. 4: The Quick and the Dead by Greg Rucka

My rating: 4 of 5 stars



The fourth of the series, this book starts out with the Commissioner taking down the Bat-signal. Batman is now going to be among the wanted rather than someone the police go to when they need help taking down the biggest bads. It explores how GCP are trying to deal with this change. The second story involves a corrupt CSI that has a habit of taking things from crime scenes to sell and line his own pockets. This time, what he steals could cause an officer to lose his job. The final story is the longest of the three and gives us a glimpse into Star City as well, thanks to a Silence of the Lambs-like need to get the help from a madman that's locked up there.

The stories were interesting, but they didn't strike me as strongly as the previous books in the series. Still, getting a chance to learn more about the GCP's MCU was great. It primarily focused on Montoya and Allen, but they're a couple of my favorites, so that was a good thing for me.

I'm interested in getting vol 5, but my library doesn't have it currently. So... maybe sometime in the future.



View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment

Joining Me in Reading