Sunday, September 11, 2011

Review: Civil War


Civil War
Civil War by Mark Millar

My rating: 5 of 5 stars



As I mentioned in my previous review, I picked this up after reading Fallen Son. I wanted to read what brought about Captain America's death, thinking that it would be at the end of this book.

Well, I was wrong about that part. The book ended with Cap's surrender, which made me need to seek out the next books.

The civil war of the title is between the super heroes of the Marvel world. After a tragedy brought about by the foolish actions of some reality-show heroes, the public is clamoring for something to be done. And that something is making heroes take off their masks and register. The heroes are torn in two, each faction lead by a powerhouse of the hero world.

Leading the faction for registration is Tony Stark - Iron Man. He takes the tragedy very personally and feels it's the only way to keep things like what had happened from happening again (I don't want to give away too much because I don't want to hit anyone with spoilers). Leading those who are against registration is Steve Rogers - Captain America. He, and the others like him, think that requiring heroes to register is taking away their liberties. And the fight between the two sides gets very heated before it is all over.

The whole book was very moving and very touching. I enjoyed reading it quite a bit and, like many of the best books I've read, was making me want more immediately.



View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment

Joining Me in Reading