Monday, September 19, 2011

Review: Fallen


Fallen
Fallen by Karin Slaughter

My rating: 5 of 5 stars



I love Karin Slaughter's Georgia series of books. I never expected her to pull her Will Trent and Grant County series together, but her doing so works incredibly well. (This is the second such book that pulls the two series together, and I suspect they'll be staying here.)

Faith Mitchell, an agent for the Georgia Bureau of Investigation, arrives at her mother's to pick up her baby daughter, only to find her mother missing and blood on the door. In the course of going through the house, she finds one dead body and a hostage situation. Within the next 5 minutes, both the hostage and the hostage taker are dead at Faith's hands. And the nightmare is just beginning. Faith, and her partner Will Trent, need to find out - unofficially, since the GBI isn't being allowed near the case - what from Faith's mother's past has come back to haunt them all.

I'd been anxiously awaiting this book because I wanted to see more of Will, Faith and Sarah (one of the main characters from the Grant County series). The mystery was very well written, going in places I hadn't been expecting yet, when I looked back, I knew I should have realized. Watching the exploration of Will and Sarah's relationship was a real heart-warmer for me. (For all that I loved her husband, Jeffery, it had been over 4 years since Jeffrey's death and both Will and Sarah deserved happiness.) I was glad to be able to settle in and read through this one. Unfortunately, I had to return it to the library, but I suspect that I'm going to be picking it up again soon for a re-read.



View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment

Joining Me in Reading