Sunday, September 11, 2011

Review: Gotham Central Vol. 1: In the Line of Duty


Gotham Central Vol. 1: In the Line of Duty
Gotham Central Vol. 1: In the Line of Duty by Ed Brubaker

My rating: 5 of 5 stars



This was another book that I'd picked up when I was looking for something quick to read. I figured, since it had Gotham in the title, that it would be a Batman-related story. And it was... somewhat.

Gotham Central takes a look at the lives of the police officers in the Gotham Central Police Department - most specifically, of the M.C.U. It's a great look at the everyday heroes that are trying to keep Gotham safe.

The first compilation has the member of the M.C.U. trying to find out who is responsible for the death of one of their own. Three cases combine and merge as the story continues, letting us see that there's more than just the Bat protecting the people of Gotham.

I really love this series. I love finding out about the characters that are just doing their jobs, not in it for the glory but for what they can do to help others. No, not everyone you meet in the GCPD are fine, upstanding citizens. There is still a lot of corruption. But those aren't the ones that are focused on.

I've picked up and read the next several books in the series (reviews coming tomorrow or the next day, or so I hope), and it continues to be great. I highly recommend it to anyone who loves the superhero world, but wants to see what the regular heroes are like.



View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment

Joining Me in Reading