Monday, September 19, 2011

Review: Captain America (Volume 3): The Death of Captain America - The Man Who Bought America


Captain America (Volume 3): The Death of Captain America - The Man Who Bought America
Captain America (Volume 3): The Death of Captain America - The Man Who Bought America by Ed Brubaker

My rating: 5 of 5 stars



This is the conclusion of the Death of Captain America series, and I've got to admit, it went places I wasn't expecting.

S.H.I.E.L.D. finally knows what's really going on, and they do their best to stop it. They succeed, though partly due to Faustus helping Sharon Carter escape from Red Skull's programing and partly because Red Skull's daughter is too eager to prove herself to Daddy. There is a climactic fight at the end in Red Skull's headquarters, though Skull is one of the few that seems to escape... it's just not the way he was expecting.

As I said above, there were a few places that this story had gone that I just wasn't expecting. Why Sharon Carter was important, the loss of her child and what ultimately became of Red Skull were just a few of the things that widened my eyes as I read. Of all the characters, Sharon was the one that I felt the worst for by the end. While Faustus was doing her a kindness in erasing some things from her memory, I wish she'd had the chance to grieve.

All said, this was a fantastic series and it reads well for those that are fans of Super Hero comics but not necessarily familiar with the ins and outs of the Marvel universe.



View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment

Joining Me in Reading