Sunday, December 4, 2011

Review: Justice Society of America: The Next Age


Justice Society of America: The Next Age
Justice Society of America: The Next Age by Geoff Johns

My rating: 4 of 5 stars



While the old guard is busy recruiting new members for the JSA, someone is killing this younger generation. This is one of the earlier books from the reboot of the JSA and it's a place where we get introduced to some of the newer members like Damage and Cyclone and see their beginnings in this super team.

The backstories for the new characters flowed seamlessly with the narrative as a whole. I'm finding that I really like Cyclone a lot. She's bubbly and excited, yet even when faced with death on her first day, decides that this really is what she wants to do.

It was also interesting meeting Wildcat's son, Tom. I'd seen bits and pieces of him in some of the other trade paperbacks that I'd read, but I didn't know too much about him. I like the fact that he's generally a pacifist, but can (and will) kick butt if necessary. He too, I think, will become a favorite of mine.

All in all, it was a very good read and one that I was glad to have picked up. I've got the next one on order from the library so I can see where things go from here.



View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment

Joining Me in Reading