Monday, December 5, 2011

2012 Children's Book Reading Challenge



Welcome to the 2012 Children's Book Reading Challenge.  This challenge is for those who want to enjoy more of the wonderful children's books.  It's perfect for those who read to children on a regular basis (parents, teachers, librarians) and want to get the word out about the books they've read.

Who can join? Anyone.  If you have a blog, link to that.  If you have a Goodreads account, link to that.  Link to whatever location you'll be putting your reviews up on.

When will it run? From January 1, 2012 until December 31, 2012.  And you can sign up at any time.

How many books do I need to read? Well, it depends on which level you'd like to be.  Since these are children's books which are, by nature, quick reads, the numbers may be a bit higher than you've seen in other challenges.  Here are the levels:


  • Crawling - Read up to 10 children's books in a year
  • Cruising - Read up to 20 children's books in a year
  • Walking - Read up to 30 children's books in a year
  • Running - Read over 30 children's books in a year
Since I have two little ones who love to read, I'm aiming for Running this year.

What constitutes a children's book? If you would find it in the juvenile or children's section of the library, it would count for this challenge.

How will you know that I've been participating in this challenge? First, you need to add your name to the roster below.  Then, on the last day of each month (or as close to it as I can), I'll post an inlinkz to allow you to add your reviews.

Do I have to add each individual review to the link? Not unless you want to.  The other way to do it would be to have a monthly review page and have links on those pages to your reviews.  Then just link up your link page.

Who's that cute kid in the button? That's my youngest son, Peter.  He was sitting in our local library reading one of the books he wanted to check out.  I thought it was the perfect pic to show this challenge.

Can I put what my kids/students/story time listeners thought of the book as well? Please do!  It'll be a great way to gauge how appealing it is for it's intended audience!

Can I ask you any questions that you didn't answer here? Sure!  I love questions and I'm kind of making this up as I go along.

So that's it.  Sign up below to participate!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Joining Me in Reading