Friday, December 2, 2011

Alex Awards Reading Challenge



I found this next challenge through Carrie at Stalking the Bookshelves.  It's being hosted by The Story Girl.  The idea is to read a certain number of Alex Award winners.  What are the Alex Awards?  I hadn't heard of them before either.  But The Story Girl put a nice description of them up on her challenge page.  Basically, these are books written for adults but that appeal to the YA market of ages 12 to 18.  Definitely books that are up my alley.  So I'm signing up.

Here are the rules, as posted by The Story Girl.  Look them over and then hop over here to sign up!

When does the challenge run? It runs from January 1, 2012 to December 31, 2012. You have to start the book after January 1, 2012 for it to count.

What are the rules? It's pretty simple -- read Alex Awards winners! I will also count nominees. You can find lists here. There are four levels - 1-3 books, 4-6 books, 7-9 books, or 10+ books. You are not required to post reviews, but on January 1, 2012 I will put up a linky for participants to post their reviews.

Great! How do I sign up? Write an introductory post stating your desired level and link to it in the linky below. You can sign up at any time from now until the challenge ends, so feel free to join in midway through the year.


So here's my introductory post.  I'm going to try for the 4 to 6 level, but hopefully I'll fit more of them into my reading schedule.  Come along and have some fun with me in this challenge!

2 comments:

  1. Thanks so much for joining in the challenge! I am looking forward to seeing what you read. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm trying to talk my husband into signing up for the challenge as well. There are so many great books that I'm looking forward to checking out!

    ReplyDelete

Joining Me in Reading