Thursday, March 8, 2012

Review: Always Remember to Tip Your Ninja: And Other Maxims for the Clinically Absurd


Always Remember to Tip Your Ninja: And Other Maxims for the Clinically Absurd
Always Remember to Tip Your Ninja: And Other Maxims for the Clinically Absurd by Jeremy C. Shipp

My rating: 5 of 5 stars



I don't know why I go out looking for new books when I have so many already on my reading list. But I do because I firmly believe that you can never have too many books. And the good thing with going overboard with eBooks is that I can find a lot of interesting books that are listed as free. I don't have to find room on my shelves, I can feed my addiction and it isn't costing me a penny. How great is that?

This morning, I was doing my usual perusal of possible free books that would make it into my owned pile when I came across Always Remember to Tip Your Ninja: And Other Maxims for the Clinically Absurd by Jeremy C. Shipp. I was in need of a little chuckle, so I bought it. And even though I should have been spending that time getting my boys ready for school, I couldn't resist flipping through it. Luckily, it isn't a long book so I was able to take care of my kids and finish a book that started my morning with laughter.

Within the electronic pages of these books, I found absurd statements, brilliant puns, and a few moments of, "Now how would that work?" There were very few that didn't elicit a chuckle and more than a few that caused out right laughter.

Is it great literature? Of course not. It's not trying to be. But for a book of humorous absurdities and plays on words, I can't ask for better. Now I can't wait for my husband to get home so I can press it into his hands with the command to read.



View all my reviews