Sunday, March 11, 2012

In My Mailbox (1)

I've seen In My Mailbox around for quite some time and never seemed to get organized enough to do it.  This week, I'm admitting that organization isn't for everyone and I'm going to do this anyway.

So, for those unfamiliar with IMM, this is a weekly meme started by The Story Siren to showcase what books you've received.  You can do this on whatever time table you like - Weekly, Monthly, Daily, Bi-Weekly... whatever floats your boat.  Because there are a lot of book bloggers (myself included) that get a lot of great books that we don't always have time to read.  It's a way to let the world know that these great books are out there and that we want to read them... eventually.  For more information about IMM, click on the picture above to be taken to The Story Siren's page.

Now, on for the good parts... the books!

Received in the Mail - Contest Books
All of the above books were received in the Goodreads.com First Reads program.

Received in the mail for review

This is the first time I've ever been solicited to review a book, and I'm pretty excited about it!  I haven't had a chance to pick it up and read it yet (I'm trying to get some library books out the door before they go back unread), but expect it soon.









Received Contributor Copy

I'm listed on Goodreads.com as an author!  Or I will be, once my application to connect the Amber DiTullio on this book with my Goodreads profile.  It hadn't really hit me until I saw my name listed under authors.  Can I stop for a *squee*?

This book is independently published and contains essays written by members of the LJ Idol Community on Livejournal.  What is LJ Idol?  Part writing contest, part reality show with twists and turns.  It is currently in it's 8th season.  I contributed (under adpaz) but had to bow out early because of real life issues.  The writing is always superb and the entries will make you laugh, cry, think and shake your head.  And probably a lot more.

eBooks purchased from Amazon.com (links are for my Amazon Affiliate Program)




Several of these, as you can probably tell, were books purchased for my kids.  I need to do a lot of reviews and ratings for these!

Books checked out from the Library





We had my eldest's first State Pokemon Tournament yesterday, so I didn't get a chance to browse as much as usual.  These three will (hopefully) help feed my graphics novel need for a few days.

If you've read any of these books before, I'd love to hear what you have to say about them in comments!  With the sheer number of books that I have, it's sometimes difficult to decide where to go next, so recommendations are a plus!