Thursday, March 8, 2012

HEEEEELP!!!!!

I used to be good with website coding.  I swear I was.  But ever since my kids sucked my brains out of my head by virtue of them being born, I can't remember too much.  So I'm asking for some help from the other book bloggers (or other bloggers, for that matter).

I want to pretty up my blog posts.  I've been porting everything over from Goodreads directly, but it doesn't include vital information, like the genre of the book or a summary of what the book is about.  It does link back to the Goodreads page, but I don't want my readers to go have to go back over there to find out what the book I'm reviewing is about.  I can just pull the info and put it in separately (like I did with my latest review for Tall, Dark and Hungry) but it looks bland.  I like the separate boxes that some of you use but I have no idea how to do them.  I don't have a problem with manually typing information in, but I need to know what I'm typing and that's where I break down.

So.... is there anyone out there who can give me tips and pointers, point me toward websites or widgets or anything else that might help me move my little blog away from boring and toward brilliant (some far, far day in the future)?  Anything that anyone has to offer will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance!