Friday, October 21, 2011

Review: Book Lust: Recommended Reading for Every Mood, Moment, and Reason


Book Lust: Recommended Reading for Every Mood, Moment, and Reason
Book Lust: Recommended Reading for Every Mood, Moment, and Reason by Nancy Pearl

My rating: 5 of 5 stars



If I remember correctly, Paul Weimer was the one who recommended this to me. And I haven't regretted it since. This is actually the second time I've read through it, and this time, I have a notebook to write down the books that interest me and I want to read.

The book is incredibly easy to read, with lots of different categories for the reader to immediately go to some of their favorites. While there are some books that I am disappointed to see missing (most particularly Neil Gaiman's The Sandman from the Graphic Novel section), for the most part I devoured the titles and descriptions. So far, I've got over 200 books on my list (granted, that is between this book and it's sequel), so I forsee some awesome reading coming for me. The hard part is figuring out what book to start with!

The index in the back is a great way to see if some of your favorites are mentioned without having to read through the whole book. Both authors and books are listed, with books being bolded. This is one series of books that I would like to own because I could see me going back numerous times to get more ideas of things to read.



View all my reviews

1 comment:

Joining Me in Reading