Monday, January 2, 2012

Review: Noble Causes Volume 1: In Sickness And In Health


Noble Causes Volume 1: In Sickness And In Health
Noble Causes Volume 1: In Sickness And In Health by Jay Faerber

My rating: 4 of 5 stars



This book was a random find at the library - I was looking for another graphic novel to read, since I have a lot more longer books sitting on my list right now. The title and the cover looked interesting so I figured, "Why not?"

This is the first book in the comic series, Noble Causes, a comic that is a cross between superhero comics and a daytime soap opera. The Noble family is one of superheroes, alien sorceresses, hyper-intelligent men... and marrying into this is a completely ordinary book seller that has fallen in love with the youngest son, Race. This first book tells what happens right after Liz (the ordinary book seller) and Race get married - and how Liz refuses to be bowled over by her famous in-laws.

I really enjoyed the story, as it felt like a wonderful bit of escapist fun. The artwork is wonderfully vivid and the story engaged me. No, it's not a world class piece of literature. It's not the best graphic novel I've ever read. But it IS a great series to pick up if you want to lose yourself for a little while into the problems of those who are supposed to be living the good life.



View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment

Joining Me in Reading