Sunday, January 1, 2012

2012 A to Z Challenge

Lindsey over at Babies, Books and Signs (another great Mommy Reading Blogger that I love to read) is doing a challenge for 2012 called the A to Z Challenge


Here are the technical details from her blog:

This challenge will run from January 1st, 2012 until December 31st, 2012.
You can join anytime.
If you are blogger, leave the link to your actual post about this challenge.
If you are not a blogger, leave a link to where you will be keeping track of this challenge.


So there are two different ways you can set up your own A-Z challenge.

A - Make a list now of 26 books, picking one for each letter of the alphabet. For example: A - Atonement B- Black Beauty C - The Count of Monte Cristo D - Dances with Dragons etc.

OR

B - The lazy way (how I do it) : Make a list on your blog from A-Z. Throughout the year, as you go along, add the books you are reading to the list. Hope that by the end of the year you have read one book for each letter. Towards the end of the year, you can check and see which letters you are missing and find books to fit.

Each month, I will add another challenge to this main challenge. It might to read a book with both A and Z in the title or to read a book with 3 words that all start with the same letter. I might host a few random giveaways too for good measure.

So to join along....
1. Write a blog post about this challenge and whether you are going go with A or B.
2. Add the button to your blog.
3. Attach yourself to the linky.
4. Follow my blog so that you can see when I post the monthly challenge!

I, of course, will be going with option B.  In the long run, it seems the better way to go, since I have "Ooh shiny!" syndrome (too many books that catch my attention too quickly).  I'll start up a page with my list for the A to Z books.  Keep an eye out for a page later today (it will be at the top of the blog) that will link to my individual challenge pages.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Joining Me in Reading