Sunday, January 1, 2012

Brief Review of 2011, and Looking Forward to 2012

2011 was a good reading year for me.  For the first time, I actually kept track of the books that I read and reviewed quite a number of them.  According to GoodReads (where I keep track of most of my books and have the reviews ported here), I read 175 books last year.  I still have two to review that hadn't been reviewed yet so that would bring me to 177.  Not bad, all things considered.  This year, along with keeping track of the raw numbers, I'm also going to keep track of the number of various genre books that I've read.  I'm hoping to have a better idea of the kinds of books that I'm reading.

2012 is going to be the year of challenges for me.  Thus far, I have 16 challenges that I am going to be a part of.  Most, if not all, of them can cross over into other challenges so I'm hoping to complete all of them without too much trouble.  I also have some general goals for reading as well.

In 2012, I will


  • Read 200 books.  This will NOT count children's books because, while they are excellent reads, they'll have a tendency to inflate my numbers
  • Read 100 children's books.  This shouldn't, I hope, be too difficult to do.  With two children who love to read, 100 children's books/stories should be a walk in the park.
  • Keep track of various book stats, including number of pages read, number in various genres read, number of different formats read (ebook, paper-book, audio book), how many books purchased, how many won (23 in 2011, all to be read in 2012), how many borrowed (library or friends).
  • Be active in more book-related memes.  I want to try to make more of a name for myself among the book blogging community.
I've got a lot of plans in 2012 and reading and keeping track of what I read is just a small part of it.  I hope you'll be with me in that part of the journey.  If you'd like to see what other journeys I'll be partaking of in 2012, you can check out Amber's 101 in 1,001 and Sanity's Overrated.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Joining Me in Reading