Saturday, November 5, 2011

Review: JSA Vol. 8: Black Reign


JSA Vol. 8: Black Reign
JSA Vol. 8: Black Reign by Geoff Johns

My rating: 4 of 5 stars



This was another random pull from the library book shelves. It was a time that I'd read about in some of the other graphic novels that I'd read, a time when Black Adam brings to him some of the other heroes who were tired of being reactive instead of proactive, including Atom Smasher. Their first order of business is to take back Black Adam's home country, Kahndaq. But the JSA doesn't agree with Black Adam's methods and want to try to bring their errant friends home.

Black Adam is one of my favorite hero/villains so to read a bit more about him was enjoyable. And the more recent stories that I've read about Atom Smasher also made me want to know more about him as well. And this was a good story for both of those. The violence that happened in Kahndaq was a bit... disturbing. But I've kind of gotten used to that.

The best part of the book, however, was at the end. You get to see the future for Atom Smasher and the good things that happen to him. And that makes me feel better for how things ended. I'm really hoping that it's a future that comes to pass.



View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment

Joining Me in Reading