Tuesday, February 14, 2012

Teaser Tuesday

Life has finally slowed down for me, enough that I can start participating in some of the wonderful memes that are out among the Reading Blogger community.  Expect more regular updates in the near future! (Including book reviews for the many books I've read over the last several weeks.)

Today, I am participating in Teaser Tuesday, hosted by Miz B of Should Be Reading.  Anyone can participate. Here are the rules:







  • Grab your current read
  • Open to a random page
  • Share two (2) “teaser” sentences from somewhere on that page
  • BE CAREFUL NOT TO INCLUDE SPOILERS! (make sure that what you share doesn’t give too much away! You don’t want to ruin the book for others!)
  • Share the title & author, too, so that other TT participants can add the book to their TBR Lists if they like your teasers!


  • I'm usually in the middle of several books, but for this week, I'm only going to choose one.  This is one of the books that I've won through Goodreads First Reads Program, though to be fair, it is one that I won awhile ago.  I'm trying to make my way through those as well.

    I looked at an expanse of wall over a fireplace that had been bricked up. On top of the fireplace were a few trophies =, and the wall was decorated with a number of glass-framed photis and a medal I assumed was his Purple Heart.



    The Amazing Adventures of John Smith, Jr. AKA Houdini by Peter Johnson